We are delighted to welcome David Boyd, the newest physiotherapist to join the Northcare Physio team at our Mount Gambier clinic.
Dave and his partner Anna have relocated from Adelaide, looking to escape the rat-race of the city. Dave has a keen interest in sport; playing basketball during his junior and early senior sporting life, representing SA on the national stage and graduating from the SA Sports Institute. He has since switched to footy and has been playing in the SAAFL in division 2 for the Old Ignatians.
Dave has a Bachelor of Health Studies (Human Movement and Health Studies) and a Master of Physiotherapy (Graduate Entry) both from the University of South Australia. Dave has a diverse working history, and has worked as a physiotherapist in a hospital setting and in private practice in Port Lincoln and Adelaide. Dave has also run his own physiotherapy practice, and spent two years in China working as a physiotherapist and teaching English. Dave has always maintained his passion for trying to better understand the human body and how to improve movement to reduce injuries and increase performance.
Dave has a special interest in:
- Treating acute and chronic injuries/dysfunctions
- Non-surgical interventions; especially for shoulders, backs and knees
- Sporting ‘niggles’
- Improving performance and efficiency
- Working with you to take ownership of your body
- Hands on modalities: trigger point therapy, myofascial release, joint mobilisation, PNF treatment
- Exercise prescription aimed at decreasing dysfunction and improving movement and performance.
- Educating you about your body and movement
To book an appointment with Dave at Mount Gambier, click on the Book Now button or call 8725 2423.