Northcare Physio patients can now book a TeleHealth consult with our Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists and Psychologists (Cairns only) while movements are restricted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Medicare, DVA and Return to Work SA now have billable codes for phone or video consults. In addition, several private health funds have agreed to provide benefits from 14 April 2020 for individual (one on one) physiotherapy teleconsultations where:
- The patient is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the patient has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- Pelvic floor muscle training,
- The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
- The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
Health fund members should check with their health fund to see if they will cover tele-physiotherapy consultations. Some funds may impose additional conditions.
Initially benefit payments will be on production of a receipt from the provider. Patients will have to pay for the consultation and then claim the benefit through their health fund.
Northcare will be using some simple apps and phone calls to keep in touch with you and make sure your health is on track. As we are considered essential services, we are still available for face to face consults and 1:1 sessions in the gym and pool at Northcare Salisbury for those who are appropriate to attend.
We want to keep you moving and pain free from the safety of your own home. If you would like to find out more information or would like to book a TeleHealth consult with one of our practitioners, please call any of our clinics:
- Salisbury (08) 8250 7557
- Golden Grove (08) 8289 5711
- Wayville (08) 8373 1324
- Mount Gambier (08) 8725 2423
- Cairns (07) 4044 8777
Our psychologists at Northcare Psychology (Cairns) would like to assure everyone that in these COVID-19 affected times, their ongoing availability will continue uninterrupted. Where patients are eligible, and are referred with a Mental Health Plan, they will be offered bulk billed TeleHealth consultations.
- Jayney Sutcliffe will be offering consultations via video call or telephone.
- David Harvey will be offering consultations via telephone.
To book a TeleHealth consultation with Jayney or David, please call Northcare Cairns on (07) 4044 8777.