Northcare Psychology – life can be overwhelming and sometimes we all need a little help.
The goal of psychology is not just to study human thinking and behaviour, but to put that knowledge into practice, to help people, communities, and society in general to solve day-to-day problems and improve quality of life.
Moreover, Psychologists are experts in human behaviour, having studied the brain, memory, learning, and human development. Similarly, they have studied the processes determining how people think, feel, behave and react. To clarify, psychological treatments are widely used to assist individuals and families and can also help groups and organisations.
Northcare Psychology located in Cairns, Queensland offers a team of highly trained psychologists. Further, they work closely with your general practitioner or mental health care professional to provide caring, private and respectful counselling sessions.
In addition, our psychology services are convenient and affordable:
- Bulk billed with a GP mental health care plan (no gap)
- Evening and weekend sessions available
Conditions that our evidence-based therapies address
- Complex trauma
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Complex childhood trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Work related issues and bullying
- Relationship problems
- Child and youth mental health
- Developmental and behavioural problems
What our psychologists offer
- Relaxation training, stress management and conflict resolution
- Alcohol and other drugs (AOD) rehabilitation
- Disability services
Above all, our psychologists are registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) and adhere to standards set by the Board.
To sum up, Northcare Psychology services are available at our Cairns clinic, please contact the clinic for more information.